Monday, June 20, 2011

40th Wedding Anniversary cake

Arlie & Marcie Lawrenz from our church celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary on May 15th. Marcy's parents were also celebrating their anniversary on that same day. I schemed with their daughter, Nikki, to get photos of their wedding cake so that I could re-create it. When Marcy got to church that morning, she told my mom..."Hey, we had those on our wedding cake!" She didn't even realize that I recreated her wedding cake. 
I made a smaller version due to the number of people we were feeding. In their photo, They had the top & bottom tier and then had a pyramid effect underneath with different size square supports covered in white & lace. I did a few of those supports underneath everything and made their original upside down white bell cupcakes with a mini peach flower. 
I had to do a little updating with the bells on the top of the cake because I couldn't find any big plastic white bells. I made instead coral marshmallow fondant roses and found little silver bells with some bridal tulle.
Arlie & Marcy loved their cake!
 Their wedding photo from 1971

1 comment:

Jen and Shelley said...

So cool and special how you made it to look like the original.