Monday, June 20, 2011

Princess Crown Cake

My daughter, Michaela designed this cake for her friend Jessica's birthday party. But.. I got the honor of making it! This is a 2 tiered cake made up of a 12 inch and an 8 inch cake each 2 layers. It is all decorated in homemade marshmallow fondant which was colored either black, pink, or just left white. The bottom tier I covered in pink & then made my first zebra stripes! Very Diva looking! The second tier is covered in black and I cut out white dots & pink swirls out of fondant.
Making the crown was SO FUN! It is made out of gum paste, which is like fondant... but hardens a lot faster. I made it how I wanted it & put it around a coffee can to dry for a few days. I then painted it & glittered it with sparkle dust. Jewels were then added and lastly the name.
Michaela adding the jewels to Jessica's crown.

3 comments:

Shelley and Jen said...

This would be a good bachelorette party cake! Would have matched my colors perfectly.

Debbie Cole said...

Her friend is a DIVA! always checking her hair, wearing sparkly clothes & new styles, and even reads the fashion magazines in school! Only a true diva does!

Shelley and Jen said...

That describes Jen to a T...