Monday, June 20, 2011

My Sunburnt Daddy

This is my dad, Tom. My dad loves to fish, wear his camouflage hat, and spend time with us... his adoring family! I figured I should incorporate them all into a cake for Memorial Day!
 I made my Dad and a fish out of marshmallow fondant. I used some wire & a tooth pick to make a fishing pole and stuck it in my dad's hand.
I made a 2 tiered cake, each had 2 layers. It is a 6 inch and a 10 inch tier. For the top tier, I covered the cake in orange marshmallow fondant and added little yellow daisies to make it cute for my daddy. The second tier, I frosted it in green butter cream and added my family to the sides.
My family! I made a face for each of us! I am the oldest of 10 kids... so there are a bunch of us here!

2 comments:

Jen and Shelley said...

We love this one. I (Jen) love to lay in my baby pool and fish gold fish (cracker kind)

Leanne said...

the faces are such a great idea! you are so blessed with a tremendous talent!!