Monday, June 20, 2011

The Big Cheese!

This is Rande Smith, the principle at my girl's elementary school. I'd like to add that he used to be my gym teacher when my husband & I went to this same school. I made these four cakes for his retirement party that we had on May 6th. 
 
The first one that he is holding has a little story that goes with it.  The kids all sang a song for him during the program that was called "The Big Cheese." The lyrics were... "Now when you're retired how will you spend your days? Will you lounge around the house in your PJ's? Golfing, Fishing, you'll enjoy it all! Thanks for all you've done! Now go have a ball! The Big Cheese! The Big Cheese!  So... I made him sitting in his PJ's on a big piece of cheese while fishing. You will notice the fish at the end of the line! I also put an 18th hole with a ball & putter across the little pond.
Here are all 4 of the cakes I made. Each of them are made in the tie dyed marshmallow fondant. They are each a two tiered star pan... around 9 inches.
The Big Cheese!

The Stars of Lincoln Elementary is the ending of a song that the kids sing at the end of every STARS program. I thought that it fit the whole stars theme we were going with. I made 5 little kids one for every point of the star.
My night sky star cake.

My 15 year old sister, Karen made most of this cake with me. She is really into baking & wanted to give decorating a try. She found a photo off line that she wanted to mimic and she did a fantastic job!

1 comment:

Jen and Shelley said...

He used to be my gym teacher!!!