Monday, June 20, 2011

Farmer Jack's Cake






I made this cake on June 4th for Jack, a little boy in my AWANA Cubbies class. He wanted a farm cake. both tiers (12 inch & 8 inch, 2 layers each) are covered in buttercreamfrosting. 
I made a little farm scene on the bottom tier with the tractors and animals and then had a scene with a pig splashing mud all over the top tier. I even made a piece of mud flying over the pig with wire.
marshmallow fondant cow
marshmallow fondant cow with udders
baby marshmallow fondant cow eating leaves
marshmallow fondant horse holding a flower
marshmallow fondant pig playing in the mud
My daughter, Michaela helping me make flowers for the farm cake.
My daughter, Melody helping me make flowers
Penny & Melody making flowers! I LOVE MY LITTLE HELPERS!

8 comments:

Shelley and Jen said...

WOW!!! This cake rocks! There are simply no other words. How long did it take you to make this one?

Debbie Cole said...

I started making the animals on Wednesday... the cake was for Saturday. I decorated the cake on Friday night... It basically was a piece together project by the time I got to it. I just made everything ahead of time!

Shelley and Jen said...

You have lots of patience. Where do you find the time?!!!

Debbie Cole said...

Did you see that I have a few little helpers!?!?

Unknown said...

I have a birthday coming up in August.... :)

Debbie Cole said...

Kristen... I would love to set you up with a cake! Let me know a theme.

Unknown said...

I will need time to come up with the most challenging theme your mind has ever imagined to really put you to the test! :-D

You know what would be really cool...a sheet cake with two people playing tennis and a ball that moves!

Sarah Mills said...

Your cakes are amazing!! I LOVE this one, sooooo awesome!! :)