Saturday, October 1, 2011

Falling Leaf Cupcakes

 Tis the season for fall colors & falling leaves! I made 200 cupcakes, 1/2 red velvet & 1/2 chocolate. I then topped them in different colored frostings to match their colors in fourths. The colors/flavors were, chocolate fudge, burnt orange buttercream, eggplant buttercream & cream cheese frosting. YUMMY! My favorite out of all of them though was the red velvet & the cream cheese frosting together!
 This stand I made with an 8inch, 12inch, 16inch, 20inch & a 24inch circle which I painted white. I then used glass cylinders for the supports & wrapped a black ribbon around each cupcake board base.
 I made little fall colored leaves out of candy coating for each cupcake to go with the theme.
 Notice in the columns that the girls added some fake fall leaves inside so that the stand matched the decor of the wedding.
My little elves (Michaela, Penny & Melody) who helped put the cupcake stand together & fill it with cupcakes! They are the best helpers!

No comments: