Saturday, February 25, 2012

Bowling-Alley Wedding!


These are two cakes that I made for my sister & aunt's wedding on February 18th. It was a double wedding in Ortonville, MN. We held it in my aunt & uncle's bowling alley! It was a ton of fun!!!
 This cake os my aunt Sue's cake! "M" for Montzka. I made it square with swirls & added blue hydrangeas and a big magenta flower as an accent.
 This is my sister, Diane's cake! "V" for Virnig. I made this cake a circle cake just to make each cake a little different, yet have the same style. I added swirls like the other cake, just a little different. Sorry if you can't see the "V" the lights kind of drown it out!
 This is my sister, Diane & her new husband, Andy cutting their cake.
This is my aunt, Sue & her new husband, Bruce cutting their cake.
  I also did all of the decorating & floral for the wedding! I also made the unity candles. Diane helped wrap her candle in ribbon!!! It was a lot of fun! I think that customizing your candles makes the wedding way more personal! And... you can use them to decorate other areas after you've used them!
 Sue & Diane put their bouquets & I put their candles on the table as a decoration. I added a sheer magenta fabric & a shiny blue underneath to accent the blue & pink flowers.
 I also made a candy table for the "kids" to snack on! No adults allowed!... J/K!
 I made this program basket & the programs.
 After the wedding, my uncle opened the bowling alleys for everyone to play... FREE! It was awesome! This is my Melody & my nephew Timothy, and my brother-in-law John who is helping his son, Rylan bowl the perfect game!

Dress... $. Photos.... $. Over 5 hours of bowling with all of the family having fun... priceless! All of the kids from left to right are... Penny (my daughter), Payton (nephew), Colton (nephew), Aaron (brother), John (brother-in-law), Timothy (nephew), & Melody (my daughter).

No comments: