Friday, March 16, 2012

Amtrak Train for Nathan

One of my girlfriends from high school asked me to make her little boy, Nathan a cake. He LOVES trains... especially the Amtrak ones! I decided to only make the engine car due to the details, making pieces too small for a little train & other little details I would need to put make a full train. Plus...I didn't have a big enough board to pull off a full train.
I made him a chocolate cake with a vanilla/almond filling and covered it in marshmallow fondant.
I put brown sugar under the tracks to look like dirt & added green frosting for the grass.
The back of the train.
Amtrak train. I know that the Amtrak trains only have the logo on the left front of the train if you are looking at it from the front... but I wanted to make sure that when they took photos, the logo would be seen from the other side too! 

No comments: