Monday, August 8, 2011

39 Clues for Peterschmeeter!

My little brother, Aaron turned 12 on August 3rd! His favorite book series is the 39 Clues, so naturally he wanted me to make him a cake like his favorite books! 
 I chose to do the 2nd book because the cover had music on it & if you know me, I am all about music! This was a very easy cake for me to make! I made a sheet of music out of gum paste and a food coloring marker.
 After the gum paste dried, I cut it in pieces like the chattered music on the book. It was hard for me to do... my sheet of music turned out really good & I had to literally wreck a good hour of my work!
 I have a special nickname for my little brother..... Pererschmeeter! His full name is Aaron Peter Schneider & I have called him Peterschmeeter for as long as I can remember. When he saw that I put his nickname on the side of the  cake he had a HUGE smile on his face!
This is my Peterschmeeter & his cake along side the 39 Clues book!
This cake is a 9 x 13 cake & is made out of homemade marshmallow fondant & gumpaste.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

aaaw, i can feel the love. :)
yeah, it would be hard to cut up a work of art like your music!! great job tho' - as always!! xoxo, L