Friday, January 27, 2012

Doar's Backpack & Map... Vamanos (Let's Go!)

 I made this Backpack & Map from Dora the Explorer for a little girl's birthday party on January 27th. She loves Dora the explorer & is obsessed with the Backpack. I decided to make a Backpack standing up so that is looked more realistic... which made it a lot harder due to the bags shape. (angled to tip back) All in all this was a really fun cake to make & my three girls were right there with me. They helped by looking at the photos with me & telling me what colors I needed to put for the eyebrows or if I had to make the map a little bit more tan than white. I love it when my girls get into helping. Actually... while decorating this cake, Melody, my 6 year old came up to me & said that when she grew up she wanted to make cakes just like me because I made the cakes look real! That's when you know your children are watching what you are doing & seeing that what you are doing is making a difference! I know that my cakes are making people happy & that my children are proud of me. Boy, I sure am glad I took that leap & started making cakes last year! Thank you, Jesus for giving me the talent & the courage to do something that I love!
 I made a little Map to go along with the Backpack. He is kind of a staple & the Backpack always needs him so he had to come along.
 The Backpack always has to look for stars so I made some yellow sparkling stars.
 The straps are my favorite thing about the cake!  It was the finishing touch to making it look like a backpack!
 The other side view of the straps.
Backpack & Map.

No comments: