Friday, January 27, 2012

Gold & Glittery Stiletto

 This Golden Glitter cake was made for a golden birthday on January 27th. The gal loves stiletto shoes so her friend that ordered the cake wanted to make it special & I told her I could make an accent shoe for the topper.
The stiletto I made for the top is the first heeled shoe I've ever made, so getting it high enough was a new experience. I think it could have even been a little bit higher tho! The stiletto is made out of gum paste.

The top, back view of the golden glittery stiletto. As you can tell from the top two photos, I added a Glitter spray over the shoe. These photos are the photos before glitter.
Heel of my little stiletto!

 Side view.
The top, front view of my gum paste stiletto.
This cake is a 8 inch 2 layer square & a 6 inch 2 layer square. It is a peanut butter cake with a peanut butter filling. I covered the cake with home made marshmallow fondant & decorated it with gold & glitter & edible pearls.

No comments: