Friday, July 8, 2011

Bows, Dots, Bubbles & Baby Ducklings


 This is a baby shower cake that I made for a good friend, Monique! A friend of hers is having a little girl! She asked me to make a cake & wanted me to design it. I chose to make ducklings with bows & blue sparkling bubbles.
 The base color of the cake I made with homemade marshmallow fondant tinted baby pink. I wrapped the cake with marshmallow fondant ribbons and made two giant bows for the front of the tiers. I also added white dots all over the cake to make it a little more girlie & cute!
I then made marshmallow fondant ducklings with pink sparkling bows!
  Little homemade marshmallow fondant duckies!
 Cute, huh!
This is the biggest Duckling I made for the top of the cake. Isn't the Emma Rose ducky cute! The baby is going to be named Emma Rose.
This is a two tier: 6 inch & 10 inch cake... each are two layers, made with homemade buttercream frosting & marshmallow fondant.

No comments: