Friday, December 23, 2011

"Just a child in a manger... our little Savior!"

My daddy called & asked me to make him a cake for Christmas day. I chose to model this cake after a great cake maker, Heather, from Georgia. Her blog is one of the blogs that I follow. check out her Happy Birthday Jesus cake from 2010.
My Shepherd & his sheep.
Two of my little sheep in awe of the star & on their way to see the baby Jesus!
 My three plump little wise men with gifts & fancy wrapping. I wanted them each to look a litttle different so I went with a tall & skinny african king, a medium king with a fuzzy brown mustache, and a short & fat old mustache king. Each of them has a present for the Little Jesus... a box with a teeny tiny bow that I made.
 This is the beginning of a chorus to a christmas song that I wrote! It kind of fit the spirit of this cake!
 Mary, Joseph & Little Jesus wrapped in a cloth & laying in the manger trough.
 The angel & the star that guided the way to baby Jesus.
 I made this little stable out of a 6 inch cake that I cut out & covered in fondant & decorated. I added wood beams & a straw roof for the angel to stand on.
This cake was a 12 inch & a 6 inch cake & was almond flavored with a raspberry filling.

3 comments:

Leanne said...

it's beautiful! brings tears to my eyes.

Heather said...

Debbie, it's precious! I love the little sheep! Great job!

Debbie Cole said...

Thank you Heather! Did you notice I kinds-sorta took your cake as inspiration?!??!! Thanks for the great idea!