Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Michaela's Chubby Giraffe

 My 11 year old daughter wanted me to make a giraffe cake for her birthday party on December 27th. She has had a new fascination with giraffes since the beginning of the school year. Her science teacher, Mr. Hubred likes giraffes, so naturally... a lot of the 6th grade students like them now too!
Side view of giraffe.

Back view of giraffe.
I made this giraffe out of 12 inch cakes, buttercream, chocolate/peanut butter filling  & marshmallow fondant.
 Chubby giraffe.
I made the head out of fondant that I shaped & decorated. I painted the cheeks, lips & ears with pink edible dust & painted on freckles. I made long girly lashes and painted her eyes brown.
 Michaela & her giraffe.
 Giraffe cake with giraffe & zebra candles.
Giraffe cake lit up with birthday candles.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

the hooves look like fudge! are they? yum!!