Sunday, December 18, 2011

Midnight the Pony

On November 23rd, my best friend's daughter was having a horse themed birthday party... so naturally she needed a horse cake! Sofia has a shetland named Midnight, so I wanted to model the cake after him. 
 This is my daughter, Melody on Midnight! He's so small that Melody, who's 6, can get up in the saddle all by herself! It is so cute watching My daughters & Sofia riding around on this little fuzzball, just bouncing away, when I'm so used to my sister's arabian that is 14.2 hands high!
 I made Midnight out of chocolate cake with marshmallow fondant. For a little finishing touch, I added "Happy Birthday Sofia" to the outside of the cake. I also placed little purple butterflies sporadically around the pony's head.
 The bridal took a little bit of figuring out because I am not really a horse person. I actually had to research what a bridal actually looked like! I made the rings out of gum paste so that they would harden to wrap the black straps around.
  A look at the back of the mane.

No comments: