Sunday, December 18, 2011

My Little Pony "Dancing Butterflies"

My niece, MaKaylie (I call her Max) turned 6 & her favorite My Little Pony is called Dancing Butterflies. I had to make her a pegasus pony cake to match her pony at home! 
 Max posing for a photo with her Dancing Butterflies cake and Dancing Butterflies My Little Pony toy.
Dancing Butterflies cake and Dancing Butterflies My Little Pony.
 I carved this cake out of a 12 inch square and a 10 inch circle cake.
The dancing butterflies I added on last to the pony weren't exactly the right colors as Max's horse... I didn't have the blue so I used a pretty purple. It turned out great & max said that she didn't care about the color... she loved "the whole thing" just like it was! She said it was perfect!
 I made homemade marshmallow fondant for the pony's body, wing, ear, eye, mane & tail.
A close up shot of the tail made out of marshmallow fondant.

No comments: